Trust for Nature is a not-for-profit organisation that works to protect native plants and wildlife in cooperation with private landholder. Created in 1972 under the Victorian Conservation Trust Act 1972 (Vic), Trust for Nature has a proud history of working across the government, not-for profit and private sectors to achieve permanent protection of important conservation land across Victoria.
We have a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
Reporting to the Statewide Operations Manager, this role is a member of the Senior Management Team and integral in the delivery of Trust for Nature’s key projects in the North East area, including the North East and Goulburn Broken catchment. In this role you will manage a team of people to deliver Trust for Nature’s core conservation programs and projects across the area.
The Area Manager’s role is one of leadership and coordination, the position requires the cultivation of active relationships with new and existing funding partners to leverage funding opportunities and expand delivery of statewide corporate and conservation goals and to oversee the delivery of strategic conservation programs and projects.
This role offers a full-time base salary range of $92,755 – $105,239 p.a., plus superannuation, offer will be commensurate with experience. This is an ongoing full time position, open to part time with work from home arrangements. The role is based in Wangaratta and will require travel throughout Victoria.
To read the detailed responsibilities of the role, please review the position description .
We are searching for an experienced leader who brings;
- A degree in environmental science, natural resource management, or similar/equivalent experience.
- 10 years+ of experience working in the environmental sector with a strong understanding of conservation principles
- demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing teams
- experience managing projects, including scoping, grant writing, negotiation, planning, implementation, delivery, and evaluation
- proven ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- knowledge of financial and resource management principles and the ability to track budgets
- experience in developing and implementing strategic projects aligned with core business
- understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- experience leading a team of people to work safely and in line with an organisation’s OHS system
- IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce, and GIS Software
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume via email@example.com.
We intend to move quickly with this role and will be reviewing applications as they are received, applications will close 23rd November.
Trust for Nature is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We are continually working to build an inclusive and culturally safe workplace. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people.
Please note, a National Police Check is required to be conducted as part of the selection process. Our practices are inclusive and based on equal opportunity principles. A positive result from a police check would only preclude employment in certain circumstances.
If you need further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Area Manager – North East Victoria.