Trust for Nature is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to protecting nature in Victoria. Our vision is that Victoria’s most threatened native plants and wildlife are protected for future generations. To achieve this, we work closely with private landholders, government, organisations, Traditional Owners and businesses to help restore, protect and manage biodiversity on private land.
Our team is made up of 60 passionate people who work with communities throughout Victoria and take practical action to care for and nurture nature. Together, we can and will make a difference to Victoria’s natural environment, would you like to join us?
The Area Manager is a leadership and coordination position based in North East Victoria covering the Goulburn Broken and North East catchment management regions.
The Area Manager works closely with the Statewide Operations Manager and other Area Managers to provide oversight of all projects and staff matters within their area. The role is responsible for cultivating active relationships with new and existing funding partners to expand delivery of TfN’s statewide corporate and conservation goals, and oversees the delivery of conservation and corporate programs across North East Victoria. Full details of the role can be found in the Position Description attached to this advert.
This is a full-time 12-month fixed term position, ideally based in Wangaratta.
A base salary of $89,153 is offered, plus 10% superannuation.
Knowledge and experience
We are searching for someone who is self-motivated and shares our passion for protecting nature in Victoria. The successful applicant will bring:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Science, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management or a relevant discipline
- 5+ years of management experience (environmental preferred)
- Experience in fostering and maintaining productive partnerships (environmental preferred)
- High level reporting and business administration experience
- Broad knowledge of natural resource management issues, preferably in Victoria
- Experience in the public and/or non-profit sector will be favourably considered.
Please send in your resume along with a cover letter which includes a response to the key selection criteria of the position description (see below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 12 December 2021, however we intend to move quickly with this role and will be reviewing applications as they come through.
- If you require further information, please call Amelia Houghton, Area Manager, North East on 0477 299 848.
Please note, a National Police Check is required to be conducted as part of the selection process. Our practices are inclusive and based on equal opportunity principles. A positive result from a police check would only preclude employment in certain circumstances.
Trust for Nature is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the Trust obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic).Therefore, there is a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or be exempt from vaccination due to medical reasons) in order to undertake duties outside of their homes. Prior to commencement of employment with the Trust you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19.