Trust for Nature is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to protecting nature in Victoria. Our vison is that Victoria’s most threatened native plants and wildlife are protected for future generations. To achieve this, we work closely with private landholders, government, organisations, Traditional Owners and businesses to help restore, protect and manage biodiversity on private land.
Our team is made up of passionate people who work with communities throughout Victoria and take practical action to care for and nurture nature. Together, we can make a difference to Victoria’s natural environment, would you like to join us?
The Legal Administration Officer role is an essential part of the Legal Team and is responsible for delivering efficient covenant administration at Trust for Nature. This role will be based out of our Melbourne office and will support the Legal team in managing the documentation for the conservation covenant approval and land title registration process, ensuring timely project management of the end-to-end process.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting the Legal Counsel and the Senior Conservation Paralegal in ensuring conservation covenant proposals are efficiently completed to the required standard and approved in accordance with legislative and administrative approval requirements
- Monitoring the consistent application of conservation covenant process and policy
- Preparation of draft covenant documentation for new and existing covenants to landholders under the direction of the Senior Conservation Paralegal and Legal Counsel
- Assessing and preparing responses to applications made by covenantors in accordance with covenant procedures
- Management of the administrative reporting activities required for the Exploration/Mining objection processes related to Trust land and registered conservation covenants
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement to enhance the legal administrative function, including updating procedure manuals
We are searching for someone who thrives in a small team and enjoys lending a hand to a variety of tasks. The successful applicant will be knowledgeable in contract documentation and will possess;
- Demonstrated, high-level attention to detail with proven commitment to accuracy and experience in delivering a diverse range of legal administration tasks to a high standard;
- Proven ability to prioritise and complete tasks accurately and on time;
- Demonstrated excellent organisational and time-management skills, managing competing priorities with multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality; and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and constructively within a team environment, leading and contributing to achieve objectives.
An hourly rate of $35.28 is offered plus superannuation. It is expected there will be approximately 20-24 hours of work available per week and Trust for Nature has some flexibility with the days on which the Legal Administration Officer can work those hours (some hours on a Thursday preferred). Please note this is a casual position but a part-time, contract position may be available in the future (subject to funding).
Please send in your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com
For more detail on the role please refer to the position description.
Applications will close on 18 September, however we intend to move quickly with this role and will be reviewing applications as they come through.
Trust for Nature is committed to building a inclusive workplace and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please note, a National Police Check is required to be conducted as part of the selection process, our practices are inclusive and based on equal opportunity principles. A positive result from a police check would only preclude employment in certain circumstances.
If you need further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Legal Administration Officer