Trust for Nature is a not-for-profit organisation that works to protect native plants and wildlife in cooperation with private landholder. Created in 1972 under the Victorian Conservation Trust Act 1972 (Vic), Trust for Nature has a proud history of working across the government, not-for profit and private sectors to achieve permanent protection of important conservation land across Victoria.
We have a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
Reporting to the Director of Development this exciting new role is essential to growing philanthropic revenue and increasing the impact of our work.
In this role, you will be tasked with growing and nurturing Trust for Nature’s pipeline of relationships with covenantors, donors, prospects and partners who would like to give cash and or non-cash (land) in support of our work. With responsibility for Trust for Nature’s entire Gift in Will portfolio, your aim will be to build a pipeline of confirmed bequests and legacy gifts to deliver impact now and into the future. A large portion of your time will be donor facing, meeting with donors weekly in Melbourne and around the state as opportunities arise.
To read the detailed responsibilities of the role, please review the Position Description.
This role offers a full-time base salary range of $109,160 to $115,712 p.a., plus superannuation and offer made will be commensurate with experience.
This is an ongoing full-time position based in Melbourne CBD with regular travel throughout Victoria.
We are searching for someone who is motivated by outcomes and building strong relationships. To be successful in this role, you will bring;
• 4+ years experience in a relationship management and fundraising role
• Demonstrated Gift in Will fundraising expertise – you know Gift in Wills and legacy giving in Australia incredibly well
• Exceptional relationship building and relationship management skills – you can identify, initiate and sustain new relationships, work collaboratively, and promote cooperation with stakeholders
• Excellent planning and organisation skills – you are great at coordinating meetings, events and touchpoints for donors and prospects
• A proven track record of achieving results for past employers
• Attention to detail with a commitment to quality that enables you to communicate and influence effectively
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Salesforce or similar CRM/fundraising software
• Tertiary qualifications in business administration, marketing or a formal fundraising qualification would be highly regarded.
Please submit a cover letter addressing your skills and interest in the role along with your resume via our jobs board.
We intend to move quickly with this role and will be reviewing applications as they are received, applications will close 6th December (EOD).
Trust for Nature is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We are continually working to build an inclusive and culturally safe workplace. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people.
Please note, a National Police Check is required to be conducted as part of the selection process. Our practices are inclusive and based on equal opportunity principles. A positive result from a police check would only preclude employment in certain circumstances.
If you need further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Relationship Manager