Trust for Nature is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to protecting nature in Victoria. Our vision is that Victoria’s most threatened native plants and wildlife are protected for future generations. To achieve this, we work closely with private landholders, government, organisations, Traditional Owners and businesses to help restore, protect and manage biodiversity on private land. Our team is made up of 60 passionate people who work with communities throughout Victoria and take practical action to care for and nurture nature.
The wonder of nature, and everything nature has to offer, is a gift. The reality is that nature supports our human existence in all aspects from food production and water quality, to health and well-being.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to help shape and manage the newly introduced BushBank program that will fund revegetation and restoration in strategic locations across Victoria. Delivered by the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP), the BushBank program will have multiple streams. This position will be the key Trust for Nature representative working within the multi-million dollar Private Land Restoration stream, which will implement long term land management agreements that restore private land to increase carbon sequestration.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a chance to contribute their ideas and have real impact in the restoration of habitat in Victoria.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Trust for Nature representative on the BushBank Program Design Group (with DELWP)
- Program consultation and co-design
- Expression of Interest guidelines, with supporting materials
- Working with partners to identify co-funding opportunities for projects funded under the program
- Overseeing implementation of program within Trust for Nature
- Setting up financial reporting, documentation and other systems and processes required for implementing program from Trust for Nature’s perspective
This is a new role for Trust for Nature; the exact responsibilities of the role will be dependent on the capabilities and experience the successful candidate brings. Therefore we have applied a range to this position of FTE $89,153 – $102,865 plus 9.5% superannuation.
We are searching for someone who is motivated to make change and who thrives when working independently on projects. The ideal candidate will come with experience working in the land restoration sector and have an in-depth understanding of environmental program design.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, public administration, law or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in the land restoration sector, ideally within Victoria
- Good understanding of environmental market based instruments and tender programs
- Familiarity with the key players within the Victorian and Australian land restoration and nature conservation sectors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in self-directed work with limited supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and moderate level IT skills
Want to know more? Please see the attached position description outlining the roles responsibilities and key selection criteria.
Please send in a cover letter along with your resume and responses to the key selection criteria of the position description to email@example.com. Applications will close at 5pm Monday 5th April.
Please note, a National Police Check is required to be conducted as part of the selection process. Our practices are inclusive and based on equal opportunity principles. A positive result from a police check would only preclude employment in certain circumstances.
If you require further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Restoration Program Lead.