Trust for Nature is a not-for-profit organisation that works collaboratively to protect nature on private land forever. We have protected more than 100,000 ha across both covenants and our 44 conservation reserves. We also operate a Revolving Fund program to purchase conservation properties.
“We work collaboratively to protect nature on private land forever.”
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the not for profit sector, working alongside a small team with a wealth of knowledge in conservation law.
We are seeking someone who is available to volunteer one day per week for a period of no less than 3 months.
The position will initially be home based with the potential to work from our office located in the CBD, subject to COVID-19 working arrangements.
The Legal Intern will work closely with the Trust’s Legal Counsel and Conservation Paralegal to deliver on the day to day functions of the legal team. This may include:
- Assisting in the Exploration/Mining objection processes related to the Trust’s land and registered conservation covenants, this includes liaising with government entities, landowners and mining companies;
- Undertaking legal research relating to the conservation covenanting program with a contract/property law focus as well as considering general public administration and not-for-profit legal questions; and
- Assisting in instructing external solicitors in conveyancing and legal research matters.
This voluntary internship will suit someone who has recently completed, or who is in their final or penultimate year of legal studies and possesses;
- A willingness to learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated interest in conservation, property, not-for-profit, or public administrative law required.
- A strong interest in natural environment and/or Victorian species and landscapes
A National Police Check is required to be conducted as part of the selection process.
Please send in a resume and covering letter that addresses the position requirements and sets out why you want to volunteer for Trust for Nature as a legal intern by 5pm Sunday 17th January 2021 to email@example.com.
For more information on this opportunity please refer to the position description